Because life without chocolate would be frankly pretty boring, we’ve teamed up with Well Naturally No Sugar Added Chocolate to deliver next level goodness to your taste buds, tummies and nourished yummy lives.
To kick things off – the Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake. Well, cheesecake, minus the cheese because in this little beauty we’re incorporating one of the most wonderfully diverse nuts, cashews, to create a creamy consistency that teams like some kind of match made in heaven with Well Naturally No Sugar Added Chocolate Cherry Delight. There are bursts of delicious chocolate in every layer of this nourishing dessert – just how we like it.
WELL NATURALLY CHOCOLATE CHERRY CHEESECAKE
SUGAR FREE : GLUTEN FREE : DAIRY FREE : VEGAN
For the tart base
1/2 (90g) cup almonds
1/2 (70g) cup pecans
45g (1 bar) Well Naturally No Sugar Added Chocolate Cherry Delight, broken into pieces
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/3 cup (approximately 4) medjool dates, pitted
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
For the filling
2 cups cashews, soaked (for 2 hours minimum) and drained
1 cup coconut cream
90g (2 bars) Well Naturally No Sugar Added Chocolate Cherry Delight, grated
1/2 cup (approximately 6) medjool dates, pitted
1 cup cherries, pitted
For the topping
90g (2 bars) Well Naturally No Sugar Added Chocolate Cherry Delight
1/2 cup pitted cherries, halved
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1/3 cup pomegranate arils
+Method after image
- To make the tart base combine the almonds, pecans and chocolate pieces in a food processor and blend for 20 seconds. Add in the vanilla, dates and coconut oil and blend for 20 seconds.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and press the base mixture into the tin. Use a spatula to press the mixture down evenly. Transfer to freezer to set.
- Combine the filling ingredients in the food processor and blitz to combine until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the tart from the freezer and pour over the filling. Return to freezer to set for 4 hours.
- When the cheesecake has almost set begin making the chocolate topping. To melt the chocolate heat a saucepan full of water until gently simmering and place a stainless steel mixing bowl on top. Break up the chocolate into pieces and place in bowl. Allow to slowly melt, stirring occasionally and ensuring the heat does not get too high. It should take around 10 minutes to melt completely.
- Remove the tart from the freezer and transfer to a wire baking rack with a lined baking tray underneath. Pour half of the chocolate mixture over the top of the cheesecake before piling up the berries, cherries and pomegranate. Then top with remaining chocolate and return to freezer to set.
- Remove from fridge 10 minutes before serving.