Soooooooooooo….I made what I think was a 10/10 lunch today and there isn’t really a recipe but I think you’re going to want to make this one STAT so I’ll write what I did to create it below.
The highlight in this one for me is (actually all a freakin highlight I literally was didn’t want it to end!) sneaking the fermented veggies in there. Adds yummy flavour and also boost up beneficial enzymes to support digestion and immunity at this time of year! Yep there’s some on the side you can see but I also mashed the avocado with a cucumber kraut, lemon and black pepper and it was delish!
Ok so here’s what happened:
- Slice a big “steak” (middle bit) of cauliflower, coat with some evoo, sesame, sea salt and place in oven at 200c to cook for 30min.
- Whilst it’s cooking chop up an Asian shallot, 1 tomato, about 4 stems Tuscan kale or English spinach then pop in a pan to sauté for about 5-6 minutes
- add about 1/2 cup cooked brown rice and a tamari to taste (I quite like saltiness sooooo …) and when it’s all kind of soft turn off the heat, cover it and it’s ready for when your cauliflower is!
- Then mash some avocado with kraut if you have it or just lemon/lime, sea salt black pepper and chilli flakes.
- Pop the cauliflower steak on the plate when it’s done (should be lovely and golden) then top with the tamari veggies, avocado and extra kraut if you like.
- Bit of crunchy goodness on the top like tamari almonds and hemp seeds made it!!!!!
You like? I evidently lost myself over it – all beautiful nourishing plants too – veggies for the win!